Situation: You just experienced a dental injury and one of your teeth got knocked out. Now what? Don’t worry – you are not alone. More than five million teeth get knocked out each year. The trick is to know what to do when it happens.
Here is a list we put together of all the things you should do when experiencing a dental emergency.
Call our office and say you are experiencing a dental emergency. The sooner you can get seen, the better. It is recommended to see a dental professional within 30 minutes of your injury if possible.
- Act quickly. To save your tooth, you must move quickly. The longer you take to see us, the harder it will be for us to save your tooth.
- Locate your tooth that was knocked out. Make sure when you find the tooth to grab it by crown and not the root. Handle with care!
- If it’s dirty, gently wash it with water. Don’t use soap or chemicals of any kind. Don’t scrub the tooth or wrap it in any material.
- Try to put the tooth back in its rightful place. This might sound strange, use your fingers to gently push the tooth slowly back into its socket. Hold it in place with your finger or gently bite down on the tooth.
- Keep the tooth moist at all times! If your tooth is staying in its socket, don’t mess with it. If it won’t stay, either keep it in the side of your cheek (don’t swallow it), or keep it in a glass of milk.
- Visit our office, bring your tooth and we will take care of the rest.
Experiencing a dental emergency can be scary. Try to keep these things in mind and remember to remain calm. We are here to help you – call us at Daly City Office Phone Number 650-994-2710.
Comments are closed.